Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Doing the DIY

I’ve been hinting that I’m keen to tackle a few projects for the Gazelle wedding, but I haven’t actually said too much about what they are!  So, what is on the list?

  • Save the Dates – Our engagement photos will play a big role in our Save the Dates and I’m excited to get the design done once we’ve got our photos!
  • Invitations – I have a big vision in my head, complete with pocket fold invites, ribbon detailing, an embossed bicycle, and this amazing bicycle scrapbooking paper.IMGP2260
  • Hair Flower/Fascinator – I haven’t spotted a hair flower I love enough to purchase so I plan on making mine instead.
  • Flower Girl’s Accessory – I have a fun way for our flower girl to say “Here Comes the Bride!”
  • Programs, Menus, Table Numbers – You can bet that the embossed bicycle will be making an appearance on some of these items!
  • Guest Book – I purchased a Groupon for Photobook Canada with the intention of using it for our guest book.  Once again, I’m sure our engagement photos will play a big role in this project!
  • Photobooth Accessories? – Mr. Gazelle and I both love the idea of a photobooth, and our photographers definitely have that option!  If it fits into out budget we hope to have one.  Fun fake moustaches anyone?

photobooth-1 Image via Sakura Photography

There we go, that is the list so far!  I’m sure that I’ll find a few other things to add to the list along the way.

Did you decide to tackle a lot of DIY projects for your wedding?

3 comments:

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I love your ideas!! The photo booth idea is awesome!! The mustache is so cute.

I like how you are incorporating the bicycle in your theme.

For DIY I did- invitations, unity candles, programs, seating chart, table numbers, favours, and kissing dice.

I also had pomandeurs for my flower girls- silk roses so they wouldn't destroy them!

Unknown said...

Our wedding was very small so I did as much as I could: my bouquet, invitations, menus, thank you cards, photo album, garter, veil, favors...that's all I can think of right now! PS if you're thinking of pocket folds, you should check out a line called envelopments, they have all sorts of options for that kind of thing.

Danielle said...

I like how you're incorporating the bicylce into your theme as well. So cute!!

I have so many DIY things I'm doing/have done..that would just take too much energy to type out, lol!

I can't wait to see how everything comes out for you!