Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Walking on Sunshine: Cutting the Cake

Before I knew it I was getting tapped on the shoulder and being told that it was time to cut the cake.  Already?  Our reception was flying by.
Our cake cutting song came on - Silly Love Songs from Glee.  Both Mr. Gazelle and I were excited about cutting the cake.  
We started hamming it up for the camera.





Finally we got serious and cut the cake.  
Our cake was made by Sweet Thea.  The bottom layer was chocolate cake with chocolate and raspberry fillings.  The middle layer was a white cake with passion fruit filling.  The top layer was red velvet, however we saved the top tier for later and did not serve it to our guests.


We played nice with the cake.  Mr. Gazelle didn't want me to get any icing on his really nice suit.


Oh man was our cake delicious!! It was so pretty too.  It turned out exactly as I had imagined it.


While the cake was being platted up in the kitchen we had a few more toasts.
My dad had everyone laughing during his toast.

My parents have been married for almost forty-three years so he passed along a few words of wisdom for a long and happy marriage to Mr. Gazelle and I.

With all of the toasts complete Mr. Gazelle and I wanted to say a few thank yous.  The majority of our guests had traveled really far to come celebrate and it meant a lot to us.  It was a very close tie between our guests from Texas, Ontario and Kentucky as for who was from the furthest away.
We also really wanted to thank my mom for all of her hard work.  She put so much effort in to the gorgeous bridesmaids' dresses!  I'm not sure what we were saying here, but this picture cracks me up!
And with that, it was time to enjoy some cake!  Yes, we totally had two plates of cake each.  Too bad I was still too full to really enjoy it!  Luckily we still had a few slices left over to enjoy the next day.

How much did you love your wedding cake?  I sure loved ours, including all of our cake cutting moments. 

*All photos courtesy of the amazing Sakura Photography*

Get caught up with the Gazelle recaps!

No comments: