With 2012 coming to a close I figure I should wrap up the last details on the Gazelle wedding! I have put off my last few posts for far too long.
With dinner and cake complete it was time for Mr. Gazelle and I to have our first dance as husband and wife.
We had taken some dance lessons before the wedding but we didn't finish the round. We were dance school drop outs! It was tough picking a song but we chose Ryan Adams' When the Stars Go Blue for our first dance. It was something we'd be able to sway to and we had our first kiss way back when with a Ryan Adams song playing in the background.
Although we were both a bit nervous about dancing in front of everyone we only had eyes for each other.
As we danced on we got warmed up we got a little bolder. I love the goofy looks on our faces as we tried a few fancy moves out!
After Mr. Gazelle and I finished our first dance it was time for my dance with my dad to Phil Collin's You'll Be In My Heart. I mentioned before that I really wanted a special song for us to dance to. It was such a wonderful moment as we danced and I love how happy my dad looks.
After a minute or two we invited all the other fathers and daughters to join us. My brother and my niece were having a good time on the dance floor!
Mr. Gazelle's mom chose Carole King's Child of Mine for their mother-son dance.
Again after a few minutes all the other mothers and sons joined in on the dance floor. This included Brother Gazelle and Mama Gazelle.
Mr. Gazelle's dad and his grandmother.
And my dad and my grandmother.
I know my mother-in-law loved the dance with Mr. Gazelle!
After our special dances everyone took to the dance floor! My niece had a great time dancing.
All too quickly our night was drawing to a close and it was time for our photographers to leave. Our wedding was flying by.
Did you include parent-child dances at your wedding? What songs did you choose and did they have special meaning for you?
*All photos courtesy of the amazing Sakura Photography*
Get caught up with the Gazelle recaps!
- Walking on Sunshine: Photo Booth Fun
- Walking on Sunshine: Cutting the Cake
- Walking on Sunshine: Let’s Eat
- Walking on Sunshine: Time for Toasts
- Walking on Sunshine: the little details
- Walking on Sunshine: Cocktail Hour
- Walking on Sunshine: the Gazelles Get Married
- Walking on Sunshine: Posing Party
- Walking on Sunshine: Our First Look
- Walking on Sunshine: Guys Get Ready
- Walking on Sunshine: Becoming a Bride
- Walking on Sunshine: My Somethings
- Walking on Sunshine: Getting Glam
- Walking on Sunshine: to the Salon!
- Walking on Sunshine: Step by Step
- Walking on Sunshine: Last Night as a Single Gal
- Walking on Sunshine: Our Rehearsal Lunch
- Walking on Sunshine: We Rehearse
- Walking on Sunshine: Let’s Hike Up a Mountain
- Walking on Sunshine: We Arrive in Vancouver
- Walking on Sunshine: Pre-Wedding Vacation