Monday, November 14, 2011

Walking on Sunshine: Step by Step

A little music to help set the mood...
A few of my girlfriends and I had a hot date to rush to after dinner.  It just so happened that New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys were playing in Vancouver the night before I was getting married.  It was like fate!!

See, I loved the New Kids as a teenager.  I'm pretty sure I had The Right Stuff on constant replay on the boom box in my bedroom.  I even saw them in concert with Bridesmaid D on their last reunion tour a few years ago.
That time I dressed up in an old sweatshirt from grade 8 (that oversized monstrosity was labelled a medium), I tucked and rolled my jeans and bumped my hair.  It was awesome.  When BM-D found out they were in Vancouver she declared it fate and that we had to go.  Besides?  What better way is there to spend your last night as a single girl reliving your teenage dreams of yesteryear?  Yeah, we were all pretty excited.
I'm also a pretty huge Glee fan so it was cool that Mr. Scheuster (cough, I mean, Matthew Morrison) was the opening act.  He can really sing!
Pretty soon it was time for the New Kids and the Backstreet Boys to come out.  Yeah!!  (PS - awesome photo bomb BM-D!)

I know this can be a pretty polarizing topic amongst women but I definitely think that the New Kids trump the Backstreet Boys.  Their tunes are catchy and Jordan Knight and Joey McIntyre sure can belt the songs out.  I may have screamed like a teenager as the guys came over to say hello to our section...

Plus they can still bust out the exact same awesome dance moves!  But, whether you are a New Kids or a Backstreet fan it didn't matter, everyone was a winner.  The show was fantastic in a totally retro 80s/90s kind of way.

There was only one thing that was bugging me at the show.

I still hadn't finished my vows yet!!!

I had actually brought my pad of paper and a pen in case inspiration struck while at the concert.  Unfortunately unless I was going to quote lines from Step by Step in my vows inspiration was nowhere to be found.  Mind you...maybe the concept isn't all that bad?

Step 1: We can have lots of fun...
Step 2: There's so much we can do...

Yes?  No?

OK hive, spill the beans.  Were you a New Kids or a Backstreet fan?  Or were you more into N Sync?

Get caught up with the Gazelle recaps!

2 comments:

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

What a great last night as a single gal!!

I was definitely more of a BSB fan than a NKOTB fan. I was a latecomer to the music scene! BSB definitely brings back memories of my teenage years though!

Saying I do said...

oh no! what happened to all your pictures? Sounds like a good time anyway!