Monday, November 28, 2011

Walking on Sunshine: Getting Glam

You guys...this is exciting!!  We are at the part of the recaps where the professional photos start!

After the salon we rushed home to get our make up on!  The girls started getting glam on the patio with our amazing make up artist, Megan from ML Makeup Artistry...

I enjoyed some time hanging out with family and friends.  


My parents had ordered some pizzas while we were at the salon and I was starving.  I was worried I may not be able to eat later so I definitely made sure to devour some pizza.

In between bites the doorbell rang.  Our bouquets were here!  
Seriously you guys, when my flowers arrived it all really started to seem real.  The bouquets were perfect and just as I had visualized.  I loved them.

Soon the doorbell rang again.  This time it was our photographer Leslie!  Her husband Mark was dropping her off on his way to photograph the men getting ready.  She got to work photographing little details and it was my turn to get made up.

Megan did an awesome job on my makeup.  We talked about the things that worked from my makeup trial and the things to adjust.  She was so fun to be around and she made me feel beautiful.  I would not hesitate to recommend Megan!  Also having Megan come to our house was a fantastic idea.  She was able to make the girls look gorgeous while I was able to relax and hang out with the rest of my friends and family.




I was ready before I knew it.  Time to become a bride and get my dress on!



Was getting made up a relaxing part of your wedding day?

1 comment:

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Having the hairdresser and makeup artist come to my house was one of the best decisions I made! The atmosphere was so relaxed and I just hung out with the girls all morning getting ready.

I was the same way- when my BFF's mom dropped the flowers (she is a florist) it became very real and I teared up for the 1st time that day.

Your makeup artist did a great job- very subtle look.