Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Step by Step…

I think I was in grade 6 when I first heard the New Kids on the Block. new_kids320 I had Step by Step on repeat on my walkman or on the stereo in my room all the time.  Their tape was my number one favourite gift to give at birthday parties that year.  And I totally had a crush on Jordan and Joey.

A couple of years ago the New Kids (now NKOTB) decided to reunite and tour.  Myself and BM-D were all over it!  We dug out some of our best retro clothes ever, layered the blue eyeshadow on, tucked and rolled our jeans and took our hot selves to the concert.NKOTB (10)NKOTB (9)NKOTB (23)NKOTB (43)I’ll be honest, I wasn’t sure what to expect of the night but it turned out to be such a fun time!

Where am I going with this?  A couple of weeks ago I got an excited e-mail from BM-D.

“NKOTB and the Backstreet Boys are reuniting and they are playing in Vancouver the night before your wedding.  I think it is fate.”

It wouldn’t be a stagette (or otherwise known as a bachelorette party), it would just be a pretty casual get together.  Dinner and a concert?  And just in case you might wonder what we are in for, here is a clip from the AMA’s where NKOTBSB performed for the first time ever.

So…what do you think?  Would it be fun to spend your last night as a single gal reminiscing over some old boy bands? 

P.S. I am struck by how badly the BSB can sing in this video.

3 comments:

kristen said...

I think it would be pretty hilarious to go to the concert the night before your wedding.

(I'm trying to figure out how to see them in Montreal :)

D said...

You'd be stupid not to go.

Meg said...

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

HOW AWESOME!!!! Best. Idea. Ever.

I went for sushi at 11:30pm (good) and then watched Say Yes to the Dress all alone in a King Sized bed thinking (worrying) about stupid details for the next day. A concert would have been WAAAYYY better!!