Monday, February 28, 2011

Saving the Date–Part II

You can catch up and read Part I here!

I started designing the back of the post card.  I loved this vintage post card graphic that I found on Martha Stewart and worked from there.STD - Back Block

Post Card graphic via Martha Stewart / Bike graphic via Paper Source

The main text is Traveling Typewriter from dafont.com, an amazing resource for tons of free fonts.  The date is Pea Valerie from Fonts for Peas.

As for the bike, why the bike?  I purchased the bicycle as a rubber stamp at Michaels and I plan to use it on our invitation suite.  This was my way of trying to tie our Save the Dates in with our invitations.  It seems fitting for us Gazelles since we love riding our bikes. 

DSCN3780The Gazelles on one of the best bike rides in Alberta, riding Highwood Pass in June before the road opens to cars.

Time to tackle the front of the post card!  I wanted some kind of embellishment on the front to highlight our date.  I found a bracket that I liked off of weddingclipart.com, played around with it in PowerPoint to change the colour and add in some texture.  This is what I came up with:Picture2 - edit

Bracket via weddingclipart.com / Modified by Miss Gazelle

Now which picture to use?  I picked four favourite pictures and tested them out with the date embellishment on them.STD Choices

All photos by Sakura Photography

I honestly really liked them all, but I think that the top right and the bottom left wound up being my two favourites.

Stay tuned for Part III…the final reveal!  Which one is your favourite?

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Looks great so far! I think my favorite is probably the top right and the bottom left is my second favorite. No matter what you choose, it's going to look great.

k... said...

Yep, I second that top right vote.

Anonymous said...

I like the top right or bottom left. It just seems like a bicycle would just fit into those photos somehow. ^_^ Looks awesome so far!

Saying I do said...

I like the top right and bottom left too...the lights in the background are a great touch!