Monday, February 28, 2011

Saving the Date–Part I

It is a pretty exciting time here hive – it is time to talk about our STDs!

Of course you know I mean Save the Dates, right? Smile

Once Mr. Gazelle and I got engaged I immediately started thinking about the Save the Dates.  I wanted something simple but something that was going to give our guests their first glimpse at our wedding.  Our wedding will be a destination wedding for 81.667% of our guests so I wanted to play off of that theme.

How about post cards?

First I thought about purchasing a bunch of post cards in Vancouver, getting a custom stamp made with our save the date info and sending them out.

a99379_sum02_theme_xlImage via Martha Stewart Weddings

I wasn’t overly excited about that idea exactly so I thought it would be nice to personalize them a bit more.  Like maybe with a picture of us?  In Vancouver perhaps?  With that in mind we decided to take a trip to Vancouver in October to have our engagement photos taken.  I mentioned my plan to our photographer and asked if we could have a few pictures taken with some iconic Vancouver scenery in the background.

This was exactly the kind of photo I envisioned using – us on the Stanley Park sea wall with the Vancouver sky line in the background…leana-neil-050

Photo by Sakura Photography

…but we had so many amazing photos to choose from that I wasn’t sure which photo to use!

Stay tuned for Part II to see how our Save the Dates started to come together!

No comments: