Less than two weeks from now the Future Hubs and I will be in Vancouver for our food tasting at the Brock House!
The Brock House sets aside two Thursdays a month for food tastings for upcoming weddings, although if that schedule wouldn’t have worked with us we could have negotiated another day. We are also allowed up to four people at the tasting and we each get our choice of one soup or salad, one entree and one dessert from their choice and buffet menus. Since we can have up to four people my parents will be joining us at the tasting. This way we’ll be able to sample as many different dishes as possible!
We have a fairly good idea of which buffet we’ll be choosing so we worked within that menu. Here is what we’ll be sampling:
- Seafood Butter Lettuce Salad (lobster, mini shrimp, served on a bed of butter lettuce with a light spicy lemon dressing)
- Jericho Salad (mixed greens, dried cranberries, cherries, almonds, and feta served with olive oil dressing)
- Warm Mushroom & Asparagus Salad (served on mixed greens with hollandaise sauce and light balsamic soy dressing)
- Classic Caesar Salad (roasted croutons, homemade dressing, fresh parmesan)
- Honey Roasted Duck served with seasonal greens and mashed potatoes
- Baked Maple Glazed Wild Salmon with matchstick pomme frites
- Baked Halibut with a lemon & coriander sauce, served with asparagus and mashed potatoes
- Mushroom Ravioli with a cream sauce
- True Tiramisu: A true Italian “pick-me-up” drizzled with Tia Maria Liqueur
- Profiteroles: cream filled puff pastries, garnished with chocolate & strawberries
- Crème Caramel: made in house, individually baked and garnished with seasonal berries
- Homemade Cheesecake, served with a strawberry purée
Sounds pretty tasty, right? You many notice something interesting about our menu choices. No chicken or beef. We’ll be going with our favourite foods and staying away from traditional wedding chicken and beef. I can’t wait to reveal our full menu to you once we make a few last decisions after our tasting!
Did you decide to stray from the norm with your menu?