Sunday, January 16, 2011

Time to get rolling!

Well, I am officially back from Disney World and we are well into January.  Only 175 days to go until our wedding!  Things were on hold through most of December since I was so busy at work so it is time to get back on the wedding planning bandwagon!

We designed and ordered our Save the Dates just before Christmas and they have arrived!  They look fantastic.  First up on our priority list is going through our guest list a final time, gathering any missing addresses and getting those puppies in the mail.

We’ll also need to polish up our website before the Save the Dates go out.  Right now it is a bit empty and I’d like to make sure it is in better shape for when our guests get the STDs in the mail.

I suppose we should probably think about registering too, eh?

This month I need to give our florist a deposit and we will have to start thinking about when we’ll go to Vancouver for a food and cake tasting.

And on a non-wedding note, I signed up for a half marathon in April.  My training program starts tomorrow!  So there we go, January is going to be a busy month.  Let’s get started!

What is on your to do list this month?

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I hope you had a great time on your trip! January sounds like a busy busy time for you. We've been working on our save the dates, too, but we aren't sending them out until around April. As of tomorrow I'll be at 299 days until my wedding.. whew, so glad to be out of the 300s. When we first got engaged, we were over 700 days, I believe.

Manda Mack said...

I, too, have to collect addresses and spiff up the wedding website in preparation for sending out Save the Dates - I'm kind of putting that off though, because it does not sound fun!

Good luck training for your marathon!

Unknown said...

i'm sorry, but I had to laugh when I read 'sending STDs in the mail..." I guess I just have a dirty mind. Ha ha.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Busy lady!!

I wonder if we signed up for the same half marathon??

Just an FYI you don't want to register too soon in case things start getting discontinued. People always buy last minute off the registry. A couple months before should be sufficient (unless you have a bridal shower way before the wedding!).
It is hard to hold back though!!